Staying in for the long haul
When you start an online store, sales will start out slower than you could imagine.
If you’re off to a slow start in your e-commerce venture, rest assured that it took Amazon 7 years to report a profitable quarter.
Who else had to hang in there? An archived Google Answers topic shows that these companies had to have their share of patience.
- Star and New York Post‘s owner, Rupert Murdoch (10 years)
- ESPN (~6 years)
- Sports Illustrated (11 years)
- Turner Broadcasting System (12 years)
- Unimation (19 years)
- Airbus (20 years)
- World Trade Center (20 years)
- OfficeMax (6 years)
- Ask (7 years)
- Greenfield Online (10 years)
I’m not wishing a 20 year slump on you, but I’m hoping that you’ll find some encouragement in it!